Ultimate Comics recognizes the ongoing concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus
Ultimate Comics recognizes the ongoing concerns regarding the spread and containment of the COVID-19 virus, the need for Social Distancing, and the struggle of a quarantine. We care about the well-being of all of our customers and staff. We are doing everything in our power to keep everyone safe and healthy during this time. We plan to remain open regular business hours, unless instructed otherwise, with the following precautions being taken by our staff:
What We’re Doing
- We are disinfecting surfaces several times an hour with antibacterial wipes and sprays, focusing on particularly high-contact areas such as: counter tops, door knobs, credit-card machines, telephones and shelving facades.
- We will be washing our hands as frequently as possible with hot water and antibacterial soap and supplementing with hand sanitizer. Any staff member who has a cough, sniffle, temperature, or is feeling generally unwell, will stay home and avoid contact with others.
- We are reviewing CDC recommendations daily and will adjust any procedures as necessary.
- During this time we will offer the option of curb-side pick-up for anyone who would like to arrange this in advance. You can use this service to buy comic-books, trades and comic-book supplies like bags, boards and boxes! We ask that you please contact the individual store you wish to visit to discuss options. You can arrange payment via Credit/Debit in advance.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO
- Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you enter Ultimate Comics. All of our locations have restrooms for customer use.
- Pick your books from our new all in one place weekly wall.Stay Home if you are sick! WE can get you your comics!
- Cancel or Suspend your pull box if you have issues with lost income. You can call your Ultimate Comics location and speak with a staff member on how to do this over the phone.
- We know that venturing out may not be an option for many of you at this time, so the staff at Ultimate Comics has another option! If you would like to have your subscription or any comic books or trades shipped to you, we are more than happy to oblige! Please call your store or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange shipping and to discuss payment options. Please note that books will be shipped as quickly as possible, and your patience is appreciated.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you stay home and self-isolate to decrease the potential for spreading illness to others at this time.
REGARDING UPCOMING EVENTS:
- FREE COMIC BOOK DAY (Summer 2020): Diamond Comic Distributors has made the difficult decision to postpone the event to a date later in the Summer. We will keep everyone posted as new details are provided.
- OAK CITY COMICON 2020 (May 30th & 31st): Due to concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Oak City Comicon has been postponed at the City of Raleigh’s request. Oak City has been moved to its’ new date of May 30th & 31st. We will continue to monitor the events closely and take every precaution necessary to ensure the health & safety of all guests and attendees. We will adhere to any and all CDC protocols and make any adjustments necessary. Please keep us on your calendar, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you in May!